From April 29th to May 6th 2007, 4th year students were able to discover New York, the biggest city in the United States, "world capital of sky scrapers" which has more than eight million inhabitants.
The visit’s tours took in Manhattan Island and Brooklyn.
Among the projects visited were :
- SoHo Housing by Jean Nouvel,
- the LVMH tower by Christian de Portzamparc,
- the Museum of Modern Art by Yoshio Taniguchi,
- the site of the World Trade Center and Daniel Libeskind’s reconstruction project,
- the Blue Tower by Bernard Tschumi and the recently finished New York Times Building by Italian architect Renzo Piano,
-the third largest tower in New York equal with the Chrysler Building, both 319 meters high.
Teachers in charge: Dominique Jézéquellou and Frédéric Sotinel.